• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

CCS-P CCS-P exam help...

SYang

Hello,

I'm a CCO student and is planning to take the CCS-P in April before it's converted to ICD-10 cm exam and I need some help. For those that took the exam, what study resource(s) did you used? Any tips and recommendations for the exam will greatly be appreciated as well. Thank You!

SYang

At first I was planning to take it on April 7th but I already purchased the ICD-9 2014 edition and AHIMA required the ICD-9 2013. I don't want to buy another set of ICD-9 coding manuals, so I'll wait to take it after April 14. Did you take the exam before?

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
I have not taken any of the AHIMA exams, but I am a member of AHIMA. I plan on taking CPC-H, CPB, and CCS-P, probably not in that order. I will be going back to school to get my Associates Degree in Medical Billing and Coding. By the time I am ready to take any of these exams, they would have switched to the ICD-10. I do have a CPC-A certification and I will have to take the ICD-10 proficiency assessment exam by the end of September 2015.